You will need:
8 oz can on pineapple chucks with juice
1 jalapeño (add two if that floats your boat, or habaenro if you like it super spicy)
1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
1 small shallot
1 Anaheim pepper
1 tablespoon of lime juice
– Home-cooked bacon bits
– Sweet mini peppers diced
How to make it:
– Chop up your mangos fine, avoid the pithy center. Look for mangos that have a slight give to the touch and aren’t too green. Place in mixing bowl.
– Chop up your shallots, cilantro, jalapeño, Anaheim and also add to the bowl.
– Add your tablespoon of lime juice and mix well.
– Depending on how juicy you mangos are, you will now add some of the pineapple juice from you canned pineapple. I usually add all of it because I like a wet salsa. Also chop up half of the pineapple and add it as well to the bowl.
– Mix well, taste, add any additions you think will perk it up! Eat with chips, pork, shrimp, swordfish, etc.
Originally Posted on aliciaeesh.wordpress.com on Jan 3rd 2014